Pages

Thursday 10 August 2017

Morres Reserve Cricket



I am learning to write a piece of prose-  a sketch with detailed words, about a particular place, that is very important to me
I know I have achieved this when I can describe this sketch of the place,in specific detail. To do this I need to:
  • Use specific nouns
  • Activate the nouns with strong verbs


It's the little things in life ...

A cricket pitch


Morres Reserve Cricket


Many wickets collapsing in the top order as a hot Summer's day drifts on.

Bales tumbling while wickets falling in the fired up game

Batters decimating the run rate and total score they created a good total

Fielders absolutely amaze the crowd with their outstanding boundary savers  and efforts.

Bowlers eliminating everything in their path to get the much needed win.

Creased lines smudging  as the batters and bowlers get more anticipated for the win.

Supporters supporting on the  sideline their fellow teams and great efforts by others.

Vehicle owners moving their cars away  after hearing the upcoming bet on who can hit the furtherest..

My chosen place - the cricket pitch

3 comments:

  1. Hey there Flynn.
    This is very cool!
    Did you enjoy writing it?
    Thanks Lucy from Yaldhurst Model School.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Flynn,

    You did a great blog post because you did a great piece of writing.
    I could picture every sentence you wrote.
    Maybe next time you should why you chose cricket pitch.
    Why is a is cricket pitch t very important to you ?
    Kind regards Ian.

    Canterbury
    Yaldhurst Model School.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.