Pages

Tuesday 19 September 2017

Survivor Island


18 of September 2017 Drummond Primary School Year 4-8 kids
had to make a team and create a teepee to stay on an’ island’
for a couple of hours. We needed a range of stuff to help us survive . The criteria was to make a fire for an injured person and cook food to not die of starvation.We also had to trade in tokens for things we needed e.g plasters matches and so on. Another thing we had to do was carry our injured man  to safety from up and down and back on the back field.  We created a stretcher using natural materials in order to do this.
Throughout the day I learnt to be a team member and find materials. I enjoyed the hurricane / tsunami a challenge it showed me that if that's just one bucket of water, imagine cyclone Irma victims with piles and piles of water .

My team was a handful  but an outgoing bunch throughout the time we were there.

2 comments:

  1. dear flynn

    Good story and ever intresing word of your team

    Blake
    Year6

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Flynn,
    It sounds like you had lots of fun. Why did you do it though? Did you have someone come in or did your teacher set the challenge?
    From Hannah

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.